- What size weighted blanket should I get?
- How heavy should a weighted blanket be? Could a weighted blanket be too heavy?
- Should I get a Weighted Blanket or Weighted Comforter?
- I'm considering the 15lb or 20lb blanket or comforter. Which weight is right for me?
- Is the 12lb throw too light? Is the 25lb king too heavy?
- What are your recommendations based on bed size?
- What is the most versatile size?
Size & Weight Questions
Should I get a Weighted Blanket or Weighted Comforter?
Our weighted blankets are designed to sit on top of the bed, while our comforters are designed to have the look of a traditional comforter, with fabric draped over the edge. The comforter has the same amount of weighted filling as the blanket, as the glass beads are located only in the area that rests on top of the bed. The comforters are perfect for sharing! Because of the larger size, no one has to hog the covers.
The additional fabric around the edges does add about 4lbs in total weight to the comforter. This means that the 15lb comforter "feels" like a 15lb blanket; but the actual weight is 19lbs. We recommend washing the comforter in a commercial machine due to its larger size.