Restoring our Planet
Baloo is both carbon neutral and ocean positive through our partnership with SeaTrees by Sustainable Surf. By supporting reforestation projects at the water's edge, we wipe out our carbon footprint, then double the offset to pay it forward for the future. 100% of our operations are included -- from production, shipping, and warehouse operations, all the way through order fulfillment and returns.
Blue Ocean projects include replanting mangrove forests on the island of Biak, Indonesia, and restoring kelp forests off the coast of California; ecosystems that can sequester more than five times the carbon from the atmosphere versus a tropical rainforest!
Did you know? Every 10 mangrove trees planted:
- Sequester more than 3 metric tons of carbon dioxide,
- Provide critical nursery grounds for fish and shellfish to increase marine productivity,
- Create a half-day of living-wage employment for local community members,
- Provide resources for local education,
- And protect local villages from storm surges and sea-level rise.
Even better, these projects support sustainable education and community building while restoring habitat that supports hundreds of threatened and endangered species. Together, we can speed up the Earth's natural healing mechanisms to repair our planet in real-time, while supporting our communities and endangered species. This has been our commitment since Day One.
Learn more about SeaTrees and the innovative work they are doing to help heal our planet at Sea-Trees.org.