Join Our Team
Supply Chain & Operations Manager
Full-time Remote, US-based
Baloo Living is a strong and growing team of kind humans founded on the hypothesis that a body at rest and a mind that listens to its best instincts go hand in hand. We think of wellness as a journey, not a category, and we create tools that empower self-healing, instead of claiming to be a person’s only cure. That is what led us to start a company focused on rest and reflection, primarily through products designed for sleep. Our core product is the Baloo weighted blanket, the only one on the market made without synthetic liners or polyester fill. Carbon neutral and plastic free, we are here to give back to our communities and our customers, and enjoy the journey along the way!
The Supply Chain & Operations Manager is an important member of the core team at Baloo, working most closely with the Director of Operations, as well as with customer service, marketing, 3PL partners and suppliers, to manage production and inventory logistics for a steadily growing product catalog and distribution channels. As a key part of a small team, you will be exposed to many different areas within the operation of a growing brand –from production to warehousing, inventory, and order fulfillment.
- Inventory management (maintaining stock levels at our different 3PLs, making replenishment and stock transfer recommendations, ensuring that our systems match the 3PL inventory reports);
- Manage daily communications between Baloo and its freight forwarders and 3PLs;
- Manage quality control of goods in production, keeping thorough records and documentation;
- Execute the day-to-day shipping and inventory logistics (booking and tracking freight shipments, reviewing freight invoices, booking costs in our system);
- Create and maintain SOPs within our existing knowledge base;
- Maintain existing systems for tracking SKUs & product details;
- Identify potential problems and points of friction and work to find solutions to maximize efficiency;
- Track and report on fulfillment costs, shipping costs and other KPIs;
- Process and analyze customer returns;
- Work with the Director of Operations to process wholesale orders and donations;
- Troubleshooting and supervising order management and inventory, working alongside the customer service team to ensure smooth fulfillment of customer orders.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain Management, or a related field;
- 2+ years in ecommerce operations, supply chain or logistics in an entrepreneurial/startup environment;
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, with a strong mastery of Google Sheets and/or Excel;
- An analytical, curious mind with strong attention to detail;
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving abilities;
- You have the ability to look at the strategic high-level perspective, while diving into the weeds to ensure excellence in execution;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
It will be a bonus if you have:
- Experience in sourcing and counter-sourcing;
- Experience with forecasting and inventory planning;
- Experience with inventory and/or order management software;
- Education beyond Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
Why You Should Join Us:
Compensation & Benefits:
- $60,000-$70,000 annually, paid bi-weekly;
- Pre-tax medical insurance reimbursement;
- 401(k) contribution with match;
- Flexible Vacation, Personal and Paid Sick Time policies;
- Ten national holidays observed, plus 4 days for our company’s quarterly “Days of Rest”;
- Free product samples and a generous employee discount;
- A kind and collaborative remote team;
- Work from home with reasonable flexibility.
Opportunities for Growth & Development:
- We hope you will outgrow this role and we will encourage and support you in redefining your role within the company;
- A secret to success is building community, and we will encourage and facilitate participation in eCommerce communities and networks through online forums and events;
- We value developing skills and an “always learning” mindset – attend workshops, webinars, courses, etc. with the support of management;
- Be part of an organization making a difference in peoples’ quality of life, giving back and contributing to communities through our non-profit partnerships.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Baloo Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all.